School Bus Stop Arm Cameras
We share your concern of the safety of the children when boarding and unloading school buses and the inherent danger they are in due to inattentiveness and sometimes carelessness of drivers that illegally pass stopped school buses. Clearly InSight has designed and developed a camera system to capture license plates of these vehicles so the drivers can be held accountable for breaking the law and more importantly eventually deterring this behaviour from occurring in the first place. This program takes the onus off the school bus driver to records the violation, license plate and all required data. This allows the school bus driver to focus on their core responsibilities of safely operating the bus and caring for the pupils.
This technology is not off the shelf hardware rather specifically designed using the latest IP technology for this sole enforcement purpose. We believe this is the best choice for what is a natural extension of current pupil safety initiatives.
Student Safety S15StopArm - School Bus Stop Arm License Plate Capture utilizing 6.0MP German Engineered and Manufactured Mobotix Security Vision Products.
Here at Clearly InSight we looked at the programs and equipment available for capturing license plates of vehicles driving past school buses with the stop arm extended and knew there was a superior solution. We discovered a number of areas that we felt were inherent concerns with current equipment and with the operation of these programs. Some of these issues include:
- Low definition analog cameras
- Lenses that continually need to be cleaned
- Short equipment life
- Very tight focused lenses that doesn't give much field of view without adding additional cameras
- Many pieces to the puzzle with more potential for breakdown
- Cameras low on the side of the bus - too easy to be vandalized
- Cameras that protrude from the side of the bus
- Unreliable and difficult to use software
- Complicated to install
- H.264 compression inherently blurs on still shots
- 25 to 50 Watt power draw (more equipment adding stress to alternators)
- DVR often requires a heater using even more power
There must be a better way! What we did was take our High Definition Mobotix cameras and configured the system to:
- Produce up to a 6.0 Megapixel (3072 x 2048) image
- Have a very wide view of what's happening with one lens facing forward and second facing rearward
- Provide exception resilience to provide an extended service life with minimal maintenance
- High mounted camera above window line to reduce lens cleaning, away from reach, with no danger of someone bumping their head.
- Simply one Mobotix camera with two lenses and one 12VDC PoE switch
- State of the art software designed for easy user interaction
- High mount camera and lenses reduces installation time
- Mobotix MxPEG® compression gives crystal clear images on still shots
- Only 5 Watts power total
- No heater required
And then add:
- Software based PTZ
- No moving parts, not even a cut IR filter
- No software license fees
- No DVR/NVR
We did this to give you the highest quality video, the simplest system to use and maintain and the longest service life. Long life, better quality, and highest recording quality gives you the best opportunity and simplest method to capture license plates to turn over to your local law enforcement agency. We want to help you make busing safer.
President, Clearly InSight
Contact us for more information. Available direct for School Division use to enhance student safety.